Tala is a torch concept collaboration developed by Leo Maquinana of LM Toolworks and PhotonX. Designed as a pocketable carry light, the goal was to fit both a respectable thrower and a floody EDC light in a compact flashlight package. This is achieved through a very efficient 20mm reflector for the primary throw beam, and 8 auxiliary floody LEDs in a mule format for flood.
The name Tala comes from the Tagalog goddess of the morning and evening stars. Known to have supported the creation of the constellations, Tala uses glowing orbs at night to guide sailors to safety. Grand Tala are unique, one-off, interpretations of the Tala concept, complete handmade by Leo with manual machinery.
This Grand Tala is machined out of copper with brass accent rings, providing superior heatsinking and thermal performance. As a patina friendly metal, it has a unique character that will continue to evolve with time. Featuring teardrop milling on the head to reduce weight and maximize heatsinking, and fluting throughout the body, this is the classiest way for you to carry the perfect EDC light for both throw and flood applications.
- Material: Copper, Brass
- Driver: CWF Customs Dragon Driver
- Throw LED: 1 x Nichia 219b SW45k R9080
- Flood Ring: 8 x Nichia E17A Hi-CRI 4000k
- Reflector McR20s
- Mule ring MCPCB cover: Brass
- Lens: Mineral glass with Anti Reflective coating
- Battery: 18350 (not included)
- Switch: McClicky mechanical switch
- Drilled and tapped for McGizmo style clips. Clip and screws (4/40x0.125) not included
Comes with hand written certificate of authenticity and wax seal from LM Toolworks
UPS Next Day Air (signature required) shipping included